Wednesday, May 31, 2017

I Left My Heart...

We left Monterey this morning and headed out on a 100 mile drive for the day. There were lots of things we wanted to stop and see along the way.

After we first got on the road, I had to stop and clean the mist off of my windshield. We stopped in a neighborhood and two guys stopped by to make sure we were okay. Two great guys, Troy and Joe. Joe was going to go home and tell his wife they needed to get a ride like ours. How'd that go for you Joe? Great visiting with you two this morning.



We then stopped off at Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz. We had heard that this was hokey but worth the stop anyway. They were right on both counts. Hokey but worth the stop. Rita is defying gravity.



This lead ball is hanging straight down.



We then checked into our motel at Half Moon Bay and headed out on a 40 minute drive into San Francisco. Great view overlooking Half Moon Bay.


And into San Francisco we go.


We did a drive to the Fisherman's Wharf. These photos don't show how steep the roads really are. On the expressway, they warn truckers of a 6% slope; these are near 18%. 31 degrees. I now know what it is like to pop a wheelie on my bike.


And then you go down...Thanks Nick's Pro Power Sports for making sure my brakes were okay!


Alcatraz.


We had dinner here.




I now understand the song, I left My Heart In San Francisco. I left it somewhere on this hill. I'm going to go back tomorrow and see if I can find it. I need it back!



And of coarse the requisite fog.


Till Tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. If you can find Lombard St in SF. It's the crookedest street in the world!

    ReplyDelete