Thursday, May 18, 2017

Brotherly Detour

We awoke in Flagstaff this morning to 29 degrees after some freezing rain. Needless to say, we did not hit the road first thing. As I was removing the covers off of the bike, the side car and the trailer, I was struck by the presence of ice in the side car cover. I know Flagstaff is at 7000 feet elevation, but it is May.


Today, because we were so close to my brother, Ed and his wife, Pat, we headed south from Flagstaff to Chandler. We shall return to Route 66 tomorrow. The mountains between Flagstaff leave breath taking splendor at every new turn. It makes it difficult at times when the speed limit is 75 and there are multiple trucks racing along a 5  mile, 6% grade decline. Good thing I brought along my photographer.











Fortunately, temperatures increased drastically in the near 1 mile decent from Flagstaff into Chandler. We were treated to a great lunch out and an informative tour of the town of Gilbert. So many things to see and do. No wonder you enjoy it so much. Thanks Ed and Pat.







We stopped for the night at the Cordes Junction Motel. We had no idea the view was going to be so spectacular. The rooms are great and they have a 50s diner on site that is a favorite spot for the locals.




I appreciate you all following and leaving your comments. Till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment