Saturday, April 15, 2017

One Day

As I awoke this morning I reflected on how I have taken so many trips speeding to my destination. As is the case with most people, I have taken trips with limited time. I wanted to get to the destination as soon as possible in order to see the people or places at the other end. Don't get me wrong, I have long known that it is impossible to enjoy the destination if you don't enjoy the trip. If you spend time stressing out, worrying about travel and the like, you will be too uptight to enjoy the destination. I have always enjoyed the trip, but I was always in a hurry and I looked at places along the way and I would say, "One day I'm going to explore all of these interesting places along the way." One day has finally arrived! We are now retired and have no place to be at any particular time. I will stop and explore every interesting place I see along the way. Thank you for taking the time to follow us.

1 comment:

  1. It was great to meet both of you at the Rabbit Ranch today! I know what you mean about limited time to spend on 66. We had that same issue last year when we went down to Arizona & then into California before going north through Nevada, Utah, Idaho & Wyoming. You're doing this trip right, spending time looking and doing things you want to do. I would love to see you both get a chance to go to Devil's Elbow, but with the high waters, I suspect you're going to miss it. Best of luck to both of you and I'll be following your trip!

    Scott Leitner
    Spring Valley, IL

    ReplyDelete